Sign Up
Welcome home! Here at WTMX you can make new friends and meet people with the same interests as you. All free and ad-free.

Most people know those words made famous by Arnold Schwarzenegger in his Terminator movies, but they are also the last words of Vince Foster.

Hours after telling his staff “I’ll be back”, Foster’s body was found in Fort Marcy Park, after supposedly taking his own life.
There are so many questions and inconsistencies about the death of Foster, that I cannot get into all of them here, but we will look at a few of the standout issues in this case.

Professional Observers

Many people may not understand what a “Professional Observer” is, but they are all around you every day. Anyone that becomes a Police Officer, Firefighter, Park Ranger, Medical Examiner, Detective or Investigator is trained to observe. The classes for observation and report writing take up more of your training than anything else. This is so when you report something, it is taken as accurate and above reproach.

Rarely do “Professional Observers” need to change their reports unless it is to add additional detail. Yet in the case involving Vince Foster, professional observers completely changed their reports, not adding detail, but completely changing what they had initially reported, and not just one person either.

Park Police Investigator John Rolla changed his statement and suddenly recalled more blood than he originally reported was at the scene. He changed his deposition statement from saying he took photos of the back of Foster's head to say he “did not” take those photographs but that he only intended to take them.

And most importantly, he changed his testimony that he had “emptied the pockets” of the deceased to he “did not reach into the bottom of the pants pocket.” This will become a major issue as the deceased supposedly drove to the location to commit suicide, but no keys were found at the scene.

Fairfax County Officer David Tipton contradicted the previous testimony by Investigator Rolla, who said White House Aides William Kennedy and Craig Livingstone were in the room with the Foster body by saying that they only viewed the body through a glass window. It was around this time when Foster’s car keys suddenly appeared back in his pockets.

Firefighter Todd Hall changed his statement from him hearing and seeing someone in the woods to saying it “must have been traffic” on Chain Bridge Road. Paramedic Richard Arthur changed his previous statement that he was “100 percent sure” he saw a semi-automatic pistol in Mr. Foster's hand to say instead, he “must have been mistaken.” And, Firefighter Jennifer Wacha changed her statement of never seeing a gun at the scene, to saying that it was consistent with the one found at the scene.

Another big change for several professional observers is that Park Police Technician Peter Simonello, Park Police Investigator Christine Hodakievic, Dr. Donald Haut, and Investigator Renee Abt, all changed their statements to say they saw a pool of blood under Foster's head when they had previously reported they saw almost no blood at all.

Fort Marcy Park

Patrick Knowlton, a building contractor, just completed a hot day's work, finished a cold beer with friends and headed for the 2-hour drive home. At 4:30, he turned his car into the parking area of Fort Marcy Park, a quiet park rumored to be a rendezvous spot for homosexuals and illicit drug exchanges. Knowlton claims he was unaware of this, but needed to relieve himself on the secluded hillside.
As he pulled his car into a parking space, on his right, two spaces over was a blue-gray, late model automobile, backed into the space.

The driver appeared to be closely watching the front entrance of the park, and Knowlton had an eerie feeling about him. As Knowlton exited his car, that feeling was enhanced by a very menacing look from the stranger, who looked more like he was straight out of a James Bond movie. Knowlton admits the intimidating demeanor of this stranger unnerved him.

To his left was parked an unoccupied mid-1980’s brown Honda sedan with Arkansas license plates. As he started from his car toward the footpath, Knowlton heard the blue-gray sedan's door open.

Apprehensive, he walked to the sign bordering the footpath entrance to the park and feigned to read its historical information while glancing to his right to see if the man was approaching. He saw the man leaning on the roof of the driver's side of the sedan, watching him intently.

Knowlton then cautiously proceeded 75 feet down the footpath's left fork to the first large tree. This was in the opposite direction from which Vince Foster's body would soon be recovered.

While relieving himself, Knowlton heard the man close his car door, but because the foliage was so thick he could not see the parking lot and hoped the man was not following him. As he walked back to the parking lot, he looked around the parking area but did not see the man. He then walked directly to the driver's side of the Honda and then around the back of it, observing and remembering several items in the back seat. He did this to try and determine the location of the intimidating stranger. He was comforted to see that the stranger was back behind the wheel of his own car, even if still staring at him.

Of the things Patrick witnessed at the park and in the car, the mid-1980’s rust-brown Honda itself is the most relevant and would become the root of Knowlton's future troubles. The car was not Vince Foster's car, but when Foster's body was discovered approximately 70 minutes after Knowlton left the park, the autopsy and other forensic evidence showed Foster had been dead for much longer than that, so how did he drive there?

Special Agent Larry Monroe falsified Knowlton's story by misreporting to the Office of Independent Counsel that Knowlton had identified the rust-brown car he saw at the scene as a “1988 to 1990" year model. This identification would have matched better with Foster's 1989 (silver-gray) Honda, except that they could not coerce Knowlton into agreeing to the lie.

When Knowlton was subpoenaed to testify before the grand jury in 1995, he began to encounter coordinated harassment whenever he left his apartment. Several plainclothes strangers would approach him from all sides. Some were well-dressed in suits; others were in casual attire. On another occasion, one stranger confronted Knowlton and reached into a shoulder bag, as if going for a gun. Reporter Christopher Ruddy also witnessed this type of intimidation when he once went for a walk with Knowlton.

Why Foster?

In his 1999 book, Crossfire, former Arkansas State Patrolman L.D. Brown, who served in Governor Clinton's security detail in the 1980’s, sheds some light on a motive, if not for the actual murder, at least for Hillary Clinton's rushing to capture/destroy evidence by sending Maggie Williams into Vince Foster's White House office just an hour after the body was found.
From Chapter Five on his book comes a story of the wife-swapping group's nights out on the town, which, according to Brown, was more of an ordinary situation rather than something exceptional or a one-time event.

“It would be a night that would demonstrate just how the ‘understanding’ worked. It would also serve to confirm in no uncertain terms who Hillary's 'significant other' was...”

“By this time Vince and Hillary were looking like they were in the back seat of a '57 Chevy at the drive-in. Hillary was kissing Vince like I've never seen her kiss Bill, and the same sort of thing was going on with Bill and Beth. Mike and Lisa [Foster]'s oblivion to the escalation of the amorous activity left me bewildered. No one seemed to notice me, except for Vince who would give the occasional furtive glance, sometimes accentuated by a wink...”

“Hillary Rodham loved Vince Foster, let's put that issue to rest right here. It has amazed me that the subject has been taboo in the ‘mainstream media.’ Especially after he committed suicide, a serious discussion of motive could not be undertaken until that variable had been included in any hypothesis.”

It should be noted that although Brown does say that Hillary loved Foster, she also berated him in front of White House aides about a week before his death, many feel that this could have triggered a suicide.

Missing Information

Daily Mail Online learned that the FBI agents' reports of interviews documenting Hillary Clinton's stinging humiliation of her friend Vince Foster in front of White House aides are missing from where they should be filed at the National Archives.

On two separate occasions, a box of documents said to contain those reports was provided and while the box contained dozens of FBI reports concerning Foster's death, including interviews with the medical examiner, U.S. Park Police officers, and White House aides about the contents of Foster's office, the reports on Hillary Clinton's role in his death were absent.

After filing a Freedom of Information request with the National Archives, Martha Murphy, the archives' public liaison, reported that she directed a senior archivist to conduct a more thorough review of the relevant FBI files, including those that had not been previously made public in response to FOIA requests.

“He examined all eight boxes but found no interviews by any investigator that detail either a meeting between Hillary Clinton and Vince Foster or the effects of a meeting between Hillary Clinton and Vince Foster on Vince Foster's state of mind,” Murphy reported in an email.

“We did not limit ourselves to interviews by the two individuals [FBI agents] you mention.”

While confirming that the records could not be located, John Valceanu, the archives' director of communications and marketing, held out the possibility that the FBI interviews were not filed where they should have been and were somewhere else in the more than 3,000 boxes of records amounting to 7.5 million pages generated by the Kenneth Starr investigation.

This is not the first time documents related to the Clintons have apparently vanished from the National Archive. In March 2009, the archives found that an external hard drive from the Bill Clinton White House containing confidential documents was missing.

When the hard drive could not be located, the inspector general's office announced that it had opened a criminal investigation and offered a reward of up to $50,000 for information leading to the recovery of the hard drive.

Strange how information that could be used against the Clintons’ always seems to disappear or get deleted.
There is so much more to this story, photographs have disappeared and strange occurrences such as the gunshot residue on Foster’s hands shows that he was fighting off an attacker rather than firing the gun with his thumb. Remington cartridges were found in the “official” death weapon, but Ball Smokeless powder was found on his body. Remington has never used this powder in the manufacture of any of its 38 caliber cartridges.

This is certainly one of the most bizarre and complicated murder or suicide cases in modern history.